FINAL SCORE: Wabash 19, Earlham 3
LOCATION: Crawfordsville, Ind. (Fischer Field)
RECORDS: Earlham 2-8 / Wabash 5-5
THE SHORT STORY: Wabash College struck 10 straight times to open the game on its way to a 19-3 win over Earlham College men's lacrosse, in a non-conference matchup on Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wabash had a 10-0 lead at the end of the first quarter, with Josh Perkins getting Earlham on the scoreboard at the start of the second quarter on his goal off a feed from Keith Coleman Jr.
- The Quakers picked up two more goals in the second period – both unassisted scores by Anthony Boutwell – and Earlham trailed Wabash at the intermission, 12-3.
- Wabash outscored Earlham, 7-0, over the third and fourth quarters.
- Wabash outshot Earlham, 82-12, and had 79 ground balls to the Quakers' 61.
- Blake Francis registered 33 saves in the Earlham cage, setting a new Earlham single-game record. Max Atkins was credited with six saves in the Wabash goal.
Earlham men's lacrosse returns home to face Hanover College in a Heartland Collegiate Lacrosse Conference game on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Game time is 1:00 p.m.