FINAL SCORE: DePauw 17, Earlham 5
LOCATION: Richmond, Ind. (Darrell Beane Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 2-2, DePauw 1-3
THE SHORT STORY: DePauw notched nine straight goals to open the second half to expand its three-goal halftime lead, and a short-handed Earlham squad was unable to keep up with the Tigers' scoring pace in a non-conference loss at Darrell Beane Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- DePauw opened with a 6-0 lead, with three of the Tigers' goals scored by Emma Kennedy.
- First year Claudette Roskamp got Earlham on the scoreboard with a free-position goal with 5:06 left in the opening frame. First year Serena Pisacano and junior Emma Lady added goals for the Quakers, cutting the margin to 6-3 at the halftime intermission.
- DePauw added its seventh goal of the game just 2:47 into the second half and scored four more times over the next 82 seconds, extending its lead to 11-3 at the 25:51 mark of the second half. The Tigers found the back of the Quakers' cage four more times to take a 15-3 advantage.
- Roskamp finally stopped DePauw's nine-goal run with a free-position goal with 11:39 to play.
- DePauw tacked on two more scores to go up 17-4, but Earlham's Emma Lady had the final strike of the game when she beat Tiger goalie Kathryn Hopkins on a free-position shot with five seconds left in the game.
- Claudette Roskamp and Emma Lady each had two goals for the Quakers, with Roskamp also getting credited with an assist. Pisacano finished with one goal.
- Making her first start of the season, Jordan Blackburne recorded eight saves in the Earlham cage.
- DePauw outshot Earlham, 29-17, and the Tigers had a 26-20 advantage in ground balls. DePauw also won 16 of the 23 draws.
- The Tigers' Emma Kennedy finished with six goals and one assist, while Kate Flynn charted three goals and two assists to pace DePauw.
Earlham women's lacrosse will open its three-game spring break trip with a game at Hollins University on Monday, March 11, 2019. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.